Is HomeBase 3 compatible with other eufy Security products?
HomeBase 3 is compatible with all eufyCam models, eufy Battery Doorbells (except E8213), and eufy Sensors. It will be compatible with all eufy Security devices by the end of 2022, with the exception of eufy Wired Doorbell.
What kind of hard drive can I use to expand the storage of HomeBase 3?
Any 5V 2.5" storage drive (HDD or SSD) with a SATA interface.Note: 12V storage drives are not supported.
Why does my camera battery discharge quickly?
If the current operation of the camera is consuming power beyond what is normal, you may need to adjust the configuration to reduce false triggers and excessive recording events. Try the following:
1) Switch to Power Saving mode.
2) Reduce the sensitivity of Motion Detection.
3) Choose Human Only mode.
4) Enable Activity Zones that focus on the monitoring area.
Try to avoid including public walkways or roads as movement in these areas may result in frequent false triggers.
What are the two USB ports on the back of HomeBase used for?
They have three functions:
1. To charge your camera. The USB 1 port (blue) is recommended for quick charging.
2. To use a USB flash drive for video backup.
3. To allow function expansions in the future.
Why doesn't the hard drive work?
It may be caused by one of the following reasons:
1. HomeBase 3 is slow to read the data on your hard drive. Bigger storage may take longer to set up. Please wait around 2 minutes after installing a hard drive to turn on HomeBase 3.
2. HomeBase 3 can read certain data formats only. An installed hard drive may need to be formatted by HomeBase 3 before it can be used.
3. If your hard drive is old, too hot, or damaged, it could be un-readable by HomeBase 3.
After installing a hard drive, I found that the outside surface of HomeBase 3 was hot. Is this something to worry about?
Don't worry, a lot of testing has been performed, and the temperature of all components and parts will stay within the permissible range.
Inside HomeBase 3 there is a cooling fan that dynamically adjusts the wind speed to cool the device when required. If your space permits, we recommend placing HomeBase 3 in an open space to allow ventilation and heat dissipation.
Can I use HomeBase 3 on Wi-Fi?
HomeBase 3 can only be connected to your network using an ethernet cable at this time. It will be able to connect to your network via Wi-Fi after a software update expected at the end of December 2022.